Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. I got to hear from all three of my kids and my daughter-in-law. It was great. Timothy called on Thursday or Friday so it was early but he sent me flowers for mother's day. They are beautiful. This was a nice day, but I had to cook. Wasn't to happy about that but oh well. I made scallops. I hadn't ever cooked those before and they came out excellent.
Thursday I started reading a new book. It is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It is very good so far. I believe it is autobiographical but she changes the names and things like that. I saw the movie, Sylvia, that is about her. It has Gweneth Paltrow in it as Sylvia Plath. That is how I got interested in reading this book. I think I will find out more about her and read more of her works if I can find them. I think that she was a very tortured soul. What a shame to live and feel like she did and to be such an excellent writer, at least in my opinion. I had been reading the Harry Potter series but read 3 in a row and had to stop but once I get done with this book I think I will finish the fourth book.
I started a new cross stitch project it is a one colored heart. While I am on my daughters graduation ceremony trip I am going to start a series that is scissors. It is the 12 days of Christmas. I am excited to get started on them but I am waiting until I am on my trip.
Well there isn't much more right now so I will go. I will be back soon.

No comments: