Sunday, December 21, 2008

Stranded

Well this has been a week for sure. As I told you before I was out here in PA visiting my family. I got to see my girls and such. Well we had some really bad weather headed our way so we decided on the 16th to head out to Wilkes Barre a day early so we wouldn't get stranded from the weather. I decided to call my family to let them know. I was going to start with my mom and go from there. I called my mom to let her know and instead of her I got her friend Jane. She told me she had come to give my mom communion and found her blue. Her lips were blue her fingers were blue, and she was barely responsive. I told her give me a minute and I would call her back. I told Don, I am going to NY you coming? When I said that he knew something was up and I told him what was going on. We were out the door. My mom refused to go to the hospital till I got there. I was so mad that she did that but I got there we got the ambulance there well actually it ended up being two of them and a life support unit. She had said no lights and sirens but when they came we had lots of lights and sirens. She wasn't thrilled with that but that was the least of it. I rode in the ambulance with her and got her checked into the hospital. The admissions papers said respiratory failure. She had us all scared for sure. She got out of the hospital yesterday and is ok now thank god but we ended up stranded here for a few extra days because of the snow. Oh well. I ended up with a heck of a head cold too. I am starting to cough and it feels like I may be getting bronchitis, nice huh. But that is a small price to pay except that they diagnosed my mom with that in the hospital and look at what went on with her. I am not worried about that though. She has COPD so respiratory stuff will cause her worse problems. Thank god she is ok and thank god her friend had come to give her communion or who knows what may have happened. Well I guess I had better get off of here and finish getting my stuff ready to leave tomorrow. We are heading back to El Paso. I am going to have so much work sitting on my desk. That's ok though, it wont be as much as usual because I had my phones forwarded to my cell while we were gone this time so it will just be mail mostly and not a machine full of messages. Yay!! Well guys thanks for stopping by and listening! Love you all!

No comments: