Thursday, December 18, 2008

Update

I updated this on the 16th only to get off the computer to get ready to head out because of weather and called my mom to let her know only to find out that she was very ill. Her friend came over to give her communion only to find her lips and fingernails bluer than blue and barely responsive. I of course immediately headed out to Addison where she lives. She refused to go to the hospital until I got there because she knew I was on my way. I got there and we called the ambulance. She was better, she had color and was talking but being way to stubborn. I rode with her in the ambulance and got her checked in the hospital. She has been there since Tuesday and they say she will be released tomorrow. Thank God but it seems we almost lost her. If her friend hadn't gotten there to give her communion we don't know what might have happened. God was most definitely watching out for her. I spent all day yesterday at the hospital with her and she was eating and she did eat more than she had in ages. They thought she had some pneumonia but found out with tests and xrays that is was severe bronchitis. She has emphysema and COPD. She is ok from what we are told and we are working on a care plan for her. I had to head out because of severe weather headed our way. Am not totally comfortable being here in PA instead of up there because she is not out of the hospital yet but since I have been there and talking with her the last day or two I do know she is better so I am here. I hope the severe weather is not so severe that we can't get out of here because my office is not manned either even if my phones are forwarded to me. I know I have lots and lots of mail and other stuff I have to deal with. I will keep you guys updated.

No comments: