Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Slow

I have been a little slow at updating again. I am about a fourth of the way through my next project and it so suits me so I am told, lol. Basically it says Back away from the coffee and no one gets hurt. lol. I have been carrying it with me everywhere and every time I get a minute or two to work on it something comes up. Such is life, lol. It has been really chilly here at night and in the morning and then by the time I come home it is in the mid 70's. I almost feel bad because the rest of my family is so cold. They are getting snow and really nasty weather.
I don't usually watch the news but last night it came on and it wasn't even the channel I usually watch if I watch the news and was I grossed out. Someone allegedly found a mouse in their Chinese food at a buffet where I like to eat. They of course showed video and stuff and ewww it was nasty. I will not be going back there. I also read on the website of the news station that this restaurant continually gets failing grades with the health department. I am disappointed and I am way too grossed out to even think about going back. Now if it is proven a hoax or whatever I may consider going back but for sure not right now. I hate to see this stuff on tv and it is sick. If it isn't true I don't understand why people do stuff like that and I do know that people do that. It is so uncool. If it is true that is just as bad, how can you make a dish and not see something like that in it. Do they really pay that little attention to what they are doing? That just sucks all the way around. Now the health department did do a unannounced inspection today and they closed the restaurant until they fixed the problems and it has been closed all day but on the news the inspector for the health department said it was just temperature issues and hand washing issues and like that but if that is true then why is it still closed tonight? Oh well I guess I will have to watch the news again tomorrow and see what is up next.
Other than that it is pretty much the same here as usual. Hope you all are doing well and thanks for stopping by. Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Karen said...

If it were only the mouse, I'd wait until it's known whether or not the mouse was a hoax. I work for an insurance company that insures most of the restaurant chains in the country, and I know that about 99% of these claims are a hoax....but the reports from the health department would definitely bother me....I think I'd be looking for a new Chinese restaurant!

Sarah said...

I am an insurance agent here and I have seen and heard most of it. The worst besides the fact that the resturant keeps getting failing marks is the mouse actually looked like it had been inside the food, covered with the sauce etc. On stuff like that though I do wait and see because almost all are hoaxes. I know I probably will never eat there again and it did have decent food. Oh well we will see.