Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Insane

For those of you who know me you know that I live in a large city of about 750,000 people and we will be getting aproximately 30,000 more over the next few years but that isn't the insane part. Nor is it that this is the second post in as many days. I have just gotten done with my lunch and I already vented in my blog on myspace but am still extremely irritated by the fact that right up the street from me is a high school, which is normal enough. What isn't atleast to me is that this high school needs to have crossing guards for the students to cross the street at lunch time and that they also have to have the traffic control devices stop traffic in all directions for atleast 1 cycle of the lights because they have not yet grasp the concept of the walk and don't walk lights. Now we as children learn how to cross the street or atleast we are supposed to. I do not understand how these kids can be so (for lack of a better word) stupid. Just today while going to get my lunch did I again as just about every day had to deal with these students who did not look in any direction except in front of them which had they opened their eyes would have seen that the don't walk hand which by the way was steady not blinking was there. What did they do you ask, well stepped right off the curb in front of me. Now since i deal with this on a daily basis I knew to stop even though I had a green light because they do this every single day. And just a half a block away you have crossing guards that have to blow a whistle and hold up a stop sign in the middle of the street so that these same students can cross the street because they apparently did not learn this skill while they were children. Now this is a daily happening and nothing is done about the fact that these kids jaywalk, step in front of cars while in and out of the crosswalk. It doesn't appear to matter to them when or how they do this and rarely do you see the police do anything about this. I also know that sometimes that the police feel that there is something more important than this however is it going to take someone getting hit by a car before they feel it is important? The can issue tickets to these kids and maybe if they or their parents had to pay one or two of these maybe they would stop and think, however I doubt it. Now I am also not so old that I do not remember being their age and feeling invincible and yes mom I do remember doing this once or twice in my life. It is just insane to me that they need crossing guards in high school to cross the street. Ok I think I feel a little better, lol. Thanks for reading you guys and I love ya.

No comments: